ISSUE: LS Golf 3 (LS3) freezes or hangs when loading a golf course or the practice range.
This typically happens when Internet Explorer (IE) 7, 8, or 9 has been installed on the computer. The installation of this software includes a Microsoft security patch that prevents LS3 from running normally. Once IE 7, 8, or 9 has been installed (usually via Windows Automatic Update), there is no known way to uninstall the included security patch. Even if you remove IE and use a different browser, the security patch will remain and prevent LS3 from running properly. The only known way to permanently fix this is to erase the hard drive and reload the drive with a fresh copy of Windows (NOT RECOMMENDED). Read below for the alternative workaround.
NOTE: Due to security risks, all new computers sold by FSG after September 2013 will have IE 9 installed by default. This means that you will be forced to use the workaround below if you are still using the LS3 software. Because LS3 has reached End-of-Life (EOL), there will be no updates to try to correct this issue. It is highly recommended that you update to E6 Golf or E6 Golf Lite if you wish to have a trouble-free golfing experience. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
WORKAROUND: Use the following workaround to use LS3 with IE 7, 8, or 9 installed.
- Launch LS3.
- Choose Practice and allow the software to freeze.
- On your keyboard press the Control+Alt+Del keys all at the same time.
- In the Task Manager window click on LS Golf 3, then click End Task button.
- A new window will pop up in a few moments, click the End Now button in this window.
- Another new window will pop up, choose the Don't Send button.
- Close Task Manager by clicking the red X in the upper right corner.
- You should now be back at the LS3 main menu. LS3 should now work normally. Press the Play or Practice buttons to use the software.
IMPORTANT: After following this simple procedure, LS3 will work normally until you shut down or reboot the computer. You must follow these steps every time you reboot the computer.